Temple Terrace belongs to the outer suburbs of Tampa and is a decent sized area with a population of around 26,000. Temple Terrace lies within the borders of Hillsborough County, an area of Central Florida consistently ranked as one of the best places to live in Florida. Living in Temple Terrace offers residents a dense suburban feel and while there are a good number of homes available for sale in the area, most residents rent their homes or live in condos or apartments. In Temple Terrace, there are a lot of parks and a handful of shops and small businesses that residents can enjoy. Many young professionals call this area home and residents tend to work a wide range of jobs in a number of thriving industries and niche markets. The public schools in Temple Terrace are above average and the area also enjoys a low crime rate with minimal issues compared to other areas of the state.
Temple Terrace Rankings
According to the rankings provided by Niche, thousands of places to live in Florida are compared based on key statistics from the U.S. Census and expert insights into several key areas. The top ratings for the Temple Terrace area include the following:
- Most Diverse Suburbs in Florida
- Temple Terrace rates16 of 378
- Best Suburbs to Live in Florida
- Temple Terrace rates 23 of 378
- Most Diverse Places to Live in Florida
- Temple Terrace rates 28 of 1,136
Working in Temple Terrace
- Job Growth is rated a strong A-
- Median Household Income- $60,908
- National Average- $55,322
Job growth is among some of the strongest in the area and continues to grow and maintain high employment. It is in a good position to see great growth in the coming years.
Top Public Schools Serving Temple Terrace
- Brooks DeBartolo Collegiate High School
- Terrace Community Middle School
- Williams Middle Magnet School
- Walker Middle Magnet School
- MacFarlane Park Magnet School
The area of Temple Terrace is a great place to live and work. It is a safe community with a low crime rate and higher employment and job growth projection than many other communities in the surrounding areas. Families and young people alike love the area.